What's the Catch? Five Popular "Offers" to Beware
Enticing offers pop up frequently online, on TV, and in stores for services or goods that you might actually use if they were legitimate. But are they? Is there a catch? If so, what is it? What are your real alternatives? This report looks at five of the most popular advertising come-ons.
Back to School Time Already? Check Out These Shopping Tips
It's August and the back to school sales are in full swing. And there is something on sale for every member of the family. Smart shoppers will do their homework to ensure they will get the most for their dollars before heading to the store or online. Here are a few tips to help.
Gen Y with Will
I Know How to Make a Decision! Or Do I?
I hope these tips and tricks will help you make your selection process easier. Do remember that, whatever your decision challenge is, making a choice you feel good about will be a great relief in both the short-term and the long.
Who's Fighting For You?
Learn right here about consumer groups that tackle consumer issues for you. Each month, we'll feature a different group.
This month's featured consumer group:
The Community Law Center provides legal services and technical assistance to grassroots organizations, nonprofits, and small businesses to improve the quality of life and economic viability of communities.
- Start an Emergency Fund or Pay Down Credit Card Debt
- Buying a Car? Rev Up Savings with a Credit Union Loan or Refi
- What Insurance Do You Need at Each Life Stage?
- Selecting a Contractor to do Home Repairs
- Enhancing Your Online Privacy and Protecting Your Personal Information
- Banking By Smartphone or Tablet? Make Sure You Do It Safely.