Homeownership is a big financial step. For most people, buying a home is the largest purchase they will make. The Information Edge Home Buying Guide can help you plan for the total process whether you are a first-time home buyer or a veteran. It's also designed to work in partnership with the Information Edge Mortgage Guide.
Table of Contents
- Buy or Rent?
- Types of Homes
- Location, Location, Location
- What do You Desire in a Home?
- How Much Home can You Afford
- Is There a Best Time to Buy?
- Understand and Have Your Financing in Place First
- Shopping on Your Own
- Working With an Agent or Real Estate Broker
- Types of Agents
- Finding and Evaluating an Agent
- What About FSBO Homes (For Sale by Owner)?
- What About Shopping for Homes on the Internet
- Touring and Evaluating Homes for Sale
- Making An Offer For The Property You Wish to Buy
- What is a Good Initial Offer for the House?
- Negotiating the Sale
- What Steps Are Needed to Prepare for Closing on Your New Home?
- Time for the Closing